Wednesday, July 24, 2013

28mm Jungle Terrain

My plastic aquarium plants arrived today so I made a start on my first jungle terrain. These palm trees and ferns are my favourite and are a great representation of terrain from New Guinea to Burma- I like them so much I'm about to order a lot more! 








I based them on MDF and then added a layer of casting plaster to which I pressed the plant. Once dried I covered in pva, added sand them let dry again. Painted black, then a dark brown drybush followed by light brown highlight and some static grass. I also did a light drybrush over the trunks to make them look slightly less plasticy.

Craig 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Will add a bit more stuff as well for variety but I do like the way it appears to have good ground cover

      Delete
  2. Looks very good! Have you got a link, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon

      Here you go: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390566955951&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:3160

      Hope that works- they are from an ebay company called: us.deal (34419)

      took less than a week to arrive from Hong Kong.

      Craig

      Delete
  3. They look great, very lush with all the fronds at ground level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I just need an army to go with them :)

      Delete