Saturday, July 27, 2013

28mm Japanese- test figures

My first few 28mm Japanese test figures. The are all from Warlord Games. I painted them using Vallejo Japanese uniform as the base and highlighted with Japanese uniform lightened with a drop of German Camo beige. 







 This morning my rulebooks for Bolt Action arrived.
There were a few bits and pieces such as a Chindit HQ and 2" mortar team. There was also a  pleasant wee surprise in the form of a couple of extra blisters of Chindits that "were lying round on the table" at Warlord. It's the occasional little gesture such as that that really makes a difference in choosing who to spend ones wargaming budget with- many thanks Warlord Games, very much appreciated. 

Now I have some reading to to do...
Craig

6 comments:

  1. Typical, you've made terrain AND painted troops in about half the time it takes me to paint the troops.

    They look good, Craig, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on holiday this week Jamie so have had plenty of time. 3 days in Ashburton for Finn's rep soccer comp was about my only distraction this week. However, the terrain as mainly so I had something to do while I waited for the troops to arrive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great, Craig. I may get a box of these guys someday now that I've seen how good they look. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheer Dean. I'd heard some negative comments about them. There was a little flash to clean off a couple of them but nothing major and they have good detail so if I need more will probably get some- though with the plastics coming out soon I will probably go for those instead.

      Delete
  4. Wow gratuitous free stuff. I agree, it would make me want to spend my hobby money with them too. Good looking figures too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Danisnotatree- free figs is always a bonus :)

    ReplyDelete